TexasGulf Sulphur Company
The Company was originally organized on December 23,1909 as
"Gulf Sulphur Company"
for the purposes of acquiring and exploring what was believed
to be a promising sulphur deposit in
Matagorda County, Texas.
The first ton of sulphur was produced in 1919 and what
is now referred to as
"Old Gulf"
** **
Picture is from the early 20's of the Plant at Old Gulf
with East Matagorda Bay beyond the plant.
 RETURN